Monday, October 17, 2011

The 2011 Christmas Tree Stand Review: Part Seven

Website:  www.santaslaststand.com
   Phone:  800-589-7058
    Email:  customerservice@lewistools.com

In order to do my very best for The 2011 Christmas Tree Stand Review, I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure both of these stands out.  One of them had far better reviews than the other.  So I will pass on what I learned and let you decide.

From what I can tell, both are manufactured by Lewis Tools.  They both are round. They both have Christmas tree motifs on the side.  But they are packaged differently and their fastening system, while similar is still different.

If you go to their website, you can click on a video that introduces to Dan Wright, the President of Lewis Tools, and The Santa's Last Stand Christmas Tree Stand.  For you manufacturing geeks (and I count myself amongst you), here's a clip on how the Santa's Last Stand is made:

Santa's Last Stand (the one with the solid Christmas tree motif) comes in two sizes and they weigh approximately six pounds.  The base for Santa's Last Stand is 16" across and has three T-bolts for tightening the tree trunk into the stand.  The smaller of the two is for trees up to seven feet tall, and the larger is for trees up to 10 feet.  Both of the two Santa's Last Stands can accommodate a tree trunk up to 7" in diameter.  The reviews that I did find were mixed in with the reviews for THE OTHER one, Santa's Last Christmas Tree Stand. So I can't say that I'm 100% sure that the reviewers were NOT as confused as I was.

It appears that Santa's Last Christmas Tree Stand is made for Christmas trees taller than 10 feet. The base is one inch wider across -- 22.  It weighs almost twice as much at 15 pounds.  This large Christmas tree stand is made of steel and has a lifetime guarantee.  There are also 4 T-bolts to attach to the tree trunk, not just the three as found on Santa's Last Stand.
I emailed Lewis Tools to find out what the water capacity is for all the tree stands, but never heard back from them, so I had to do my own deducing.  Since the cups are 7"wide and 8" deep, it seems like there wouldn't be much room left over for water.  I do NOT want to water a tree 4-6 times a day for a month.  It would make it difficult to keep a tree fresh for sure.  On the other hand, I really, really love the looks of both Santa's Last Stand and Santa's Last Christmas Tree Stand.

Both of these Christmas tree stands are marketed under both names, and can be found at a variety of Internet sites as well as retailers across the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment