Now, I gotta admit that if I was in the market for a new Christmas tree stand, this would be on the short list. Why? Every once in a while, I'm a sucker for marketing.
The Omega Tree Stand claims to be designed by a woman. Actually, Sue Eikenswiller is a co-designer with her husband, Grant. The husband is a big cheese over at Omega Plastics, out of Ontario, Canada. Well -- who would know more about what a woman wants in a tree stand than another woman?
I think women all over the world would love to put up the Christmas tree stand all by themselves, when they want it -- even if it's in the middle of football Sunday -- and where they want it. And I love the line on their website, "Easy set up for children and the elderly." But what really sold me were the "how to" videos on their website. Not only do they show you how to put the stand together, step by step, but how to attach it to the tree AND get the tree up. Click here to check them out: http://www.omegatreestand.com/instructions.html
And, if you're like me, I always like to get more information from places other than the website, check out this news coverage:
One of the features that I really like about this Christmas tree stand is that it can be disassembled for easy storage. Because the pot/cup/trunk receptacle is made from engineering grade plastic, it can be used both inside and outside, and the extra thick pot won't leak or rust. Mr. Grant Eikenswiller at Omega Plastics emailed me that the Omega Tree Stand has a 5 year warranty.
Out of all the Christmas tree stands out there, the Omega Tree Stands seems to be making a serious impact on the way we put up the Christmas tree. Miss Sue is getting quite a lot of air time and it's not just because she's a good looking gal. She really knows her stuff and she is passionate about making the Omega Tree Stand a household name. That attitude coupled with a great product makes me a fan.
Remarks and Reviews:
- "The Marriage Saver."
- "Note to self: make sure the tree goes all the way to the bottom next year."
- "1 minute. That's how long it took my wife and I to get the tree locked in place."
- "User error."
- "Your search for a tree stand that actually works is over. I would give this thing 10 stars if I could."
- "The last one you will ever buy unless you buy them as gifts for your friends because you like it so much."
- "The plastic clamp was a little harder to use then the video product website said. The lady must have hands of steel to be able to clamp the tree so fast and easily. However, the stand is amazing, works as described and was extremely easy to put together."
- "What a life saver."
- "Plain and simple: great."
- "What a disappointment. We couldn't get our tree straight no matter what we tried."
- "Great -- but make sure you follow the instructions."